Friday, April 24, 2009

My Addiction

My addiction....yes it could be worse. Knowing I drink way to much Pepsi and feeling a little over weight I decided to cut it out cold turkey!! Everyone keep telling my to swicth to diet, but if I was gonna quit I did not want to find something new to love. Really I drank the stuff all flippin day. Nasty huh?! So, I had the worst unbearable headache for 4 days....yes I did say 4 days!! I now am 12 days into it. Success....maybe or maybe I am just crazy!! I can't hardly believe it myself! I have re-found the love of water and thank heavens for Crystal Light. So....I am giving myself a pat on the back and hopeing that I can keep this up!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Keep it up. 12 days is a long time, don't give in now. I've never had a caffeine addiction-but I have friends that do. I am very proud of you. Go buy yourself some new shoes or something for a reward.

cindy said...

I feel your pain girl! My addiction is diet coke, and I was OUT OF CONTROL last summer when I quit cold turkey. The withdrawl headache is killer! Now I drink it, but in much much smaller portions. Good luck!

Cassi said...

YAY Jana! Good for you! I was addicted to dr. pepper really bad and I decided to quit after my dad died and I haven't had caffeine for almost 4 years! I now LOVE water and I've never felt better!

Two Boys and a Teenage Girl said...

Good Job Jana
I am proud of you. Loving Pepsi like you do I feel for you I too quit my to many a day addiction. (I still have some but only on a special occasion) Water with Lemon or mint is really good too. (:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I dropped regular Dr. Pepper but I don't think I could get ride of the Diet... I would like tooo but I always tell FRank that my Diet Dr. Pepper is my cig...

Natalie said...

You are truly awesome. I love diet pepsi but only drink it once a week. I didn't drink it for 10 years and started lately. I will not get addicted. It's my treat once in a while. Good luck.

Evie said...

12 days...that puts you into Sainthood in my book! I have been trying to quit Diet Coke for years! Keep it up sista!:)

Unknown said...

Way impressed. I can't even flirt with the idea until after this baby is born. Just can't manage without it at the moment. My Diet is the only thing that helping me not tip the scale... I think it's awesome you are doing it though. Inspiration for me.