Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Off To Kindergarten!!!

I know this is PICTURE OVERLOAD but with T being gone I am putting everything on here so he can see!!
All of last week I was so worried!! Robbie kept telling me that he hates kindergarten and school, hates his hair brushed, hates wearing shoes! Was thinking this was going to be a hard one for the both of us!! To my surprise...Robbie was a champ!! We got to go see his teacher yesterday and I think that helped alot! She even told him he could wear flip flops if that got him there!! Wow!! But no hat! Bummer! He was up and ready and all morning was asking if it was time to go (he is afternoon.) I was so excited to see him so excited!! The neighborhood gang of boys waitin for the bus!! Brandon, Robbie, Jack and Ben.
Awwww.........the sweet bus!!!
Yes...I am the lame mom that drove to the school to watch her kid get off the bus! He was so happy!
It was very sunny! As you can see...Robbie has no eyes!
Lining up....Robbie and one of his best buddy Carson.
I am so thankful I have such a big girl who loves her brother! Held hands right out the bus all the way home! I love that they are sweet to each other when they want to be!!

This was him at the end of the day! HAPPY!!! FYI...I didn't cry until my sister called and asked me if I was ok....thanks Jill! I love you Tiger!!!

4 comments:

Big Daddy...aka Trent said...

Those pics are great! I was concerned that this might be a difficult week, but am sure glad he's off to a good start. Good job, Rob! And thanks to Sis for being such a good helper, as always. Wife, you're awesome too. Love you guys...and Beau too.

Jenn said...

Ahh, Jana!! I am crying for you. What a huge day for the both of you. You are not a lame mom, believe me...I did the same. So big, I cannot believe he is in school. Could time just stand still for a bit so I can catch my breath?? It is amazing to watch kids grow.

P.S. I have heard the same thing about the NICU babies, they learn to be on their own a bit, well whatever it is for him, it's a dream for me...

Natalie said...

That's such a cute post. How fun that he has so many boy friends to go to school with. Good job not crying.

Cassi said...

awww...I can't believe he's in kindergarten and I'm so proud of you for being so strong and not crying in the car the whole way following the bus and then being the REALLY crazy mom balling taking pictures of him getting off the bus and going into the school...that's how I'll be! haha! Oh and Brittyn is such a good big sister...one of the benefits of having a girl first!