Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Guy

To all those who really know my husband you know him to be a smart ass...a hard worker...a dedicate father...extremely silly...but also a man with a big heart for service. He is always the first one there to help out someone in need. He takes great care of his ageing grandmother and his single mother. Always there with his truck and muscle to help family move. Driving hours south to help his sister with car trouble. Helping someone finish their basement. Donating money to schools and 100's of dollars to a sick cousins child.What prompts this post is yesterday morning, a Saturday that he was not working, around 6:00am we heard some not very smart person in a sports car (to say it nicely) revving and revving his engine. He was stuck...it snowed a good foot or more and the plows had not been out yet. So, the negative side to living off the round about we get to hear these kind of things. My sweet hubby pulls on clothes gets in his truck and pulls this man out of the snow but then goes a step further because with all the revving he had broke something in his car...transmission maybe. T pulled this man and his car all the way back to his house. Which was a few neighborhoods away. When he crawled  back into bed with me freezing cold and soaking wet my thought was "dang I am lucky!"
The reason I put this on here is because one day I want my kids to follow and know what a great heart their dad has! Today it's not a big deal to them but to me it surely is!! Thanks T for being such a great man and for all the good deeds. You are a wonderful example to me and the kids!! I Love you to pieces!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You told me about this...But I have to add,he is truley one person to count on!! Love you too Trent!

Unknown said...

I am not surprised in the slightest. You could add that when your neighbors hired a psycho fraud cement worker, Trent spent a Saturday cutting cement with a desperate family in need. Trent is truly selfless, but he married you and that's in both your natures. You have the sweetest sisters; sisters that would give their heart if you needed it. Miss you and your salsa. :) :) Jack said to me the other day, "Mom, remember my best friend, Robbie. Not here, but back home in Utah." HHmm, like I had to wonder which Robbie. ;)