Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beau's BIG boy bed


I had a wild hair yesterday.....Beau got this bedding for part of his birthday. He LOVES "Cars." I did it without even much thought. Just took the crib down and set up the toddler bed. After it was all done Beau was jumping all over the place but I began wondering why I had just done that to myself. Errrgggg....not only was that a big change for him last night but I took his bottle away yesterday too!! Really!! I am nuts! Thinking I have really lost it! The bottle really is a whole other post. Anyway, bedtime took about 1 hour. Usually I just put him in his crib and walk away. Well, not anymore. My Beau can open the doors. So I sat in side his room up against the door so he would stop getting out. He kept getting out of bed getting more and more toys to hang with him in his cool bed. Really....what have I done!?? Was all I kept thinking about as he crawling all over me at his door. I stuck to it and he feel asleep on the floor next to me. He woke up a few times threw out the night on the floor and I kept putting him back and the floor is where he woke up this morning. I think if he had had his bottle he would have crawled right up there and fallin asleep. Again....what did I do!!?? Well, the bottle was truly not as hard as I thought. It was always hanging out of his mouth so I thought it was gonna be hell. I told Trent I would take it at 2....when Monday came around I just did not have it in me. Well, as it is nap time for him at our house right now he is up in my room laying on the love sac watching "Toy Story" his other favorite. Hoping that will do the trick! I sure hope so because we have to have nap time! So...major mile stone hit yesterday!!! YAY!! But kind off sad at the same time.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow!!! You posted a ton. I can't believe your baby is 2 either. Lots of mile stones. I'm surprised you took the bottle and got a new bed so soon. It's so sad when it's your last. Good job. The weather does have to get nicer. It's summer and we need to go swimming and get a tan. I could never live in Forks unless Jacob was there. What track did you get next year and who was your 2nd grade teacher. We got D. Long summer. Maybe too long. Good catchin up.

Tiffany said...

Beau is DARLING in his b-day pics. I love his hair. Try putting a childproof lock on the door. If that fails, turn the handle around and lock it from the outside. That is what we had to do with Luke. So are you done having babies? What a milestone to be finished with-bottles and cribs! Email me about a BBQ date. I'm serious about getting together. Love ya-