Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brownies

After 3 year of asking. Brittyn is finally a "Brownie." There was nothing that could contain her excitement yesterday as she came home from school and was off to her first troop meeting. I never was a girl scout or ever had any interest. My girl wants and will try everything. So.....I let her. I love has she has an excitement for almost everything. She gets out of her box. Willing to met new friends and try new things. That is so not me so I don't know where it came from. Good for her! I am proud of her that she is able to do those things and be comfortable with herself. So, when cookie time rolls around you all know where you will be able to find them.
She came home and was so happy and excited. She read me the "Girl Scout" law. I have never hear it before and it actually pretty cool. Yes, I am a cheesey mom and am going to post it for all to read.
The Girl Scout Law:
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I feel the same way about my kids. It's amazing how they can surprise us everyday and stretch themselves so much further than we ever would...oh ya, I love girl scout cookies so count us in!!

Janeen said...

You know I was a brownie myself. Fun times. jk. Anyway, she makes me laugh. Remember before she went she thought that they were going to eat brownies there? lol or something of that sort i don't remember.

cindy said...

She is so beautiful! Good for her trying something new, and good for you sor supporting her. You are an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh -- I Loved Girl Scouts... I stayed in Scouting until I was 18! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT