Ok, my mom call and wanted to get us all together for something. So as the day passed yesterday we went back and forth as daughters trying to figure out what was up. I was a little nerves. What was wrong? We came to the conclusion that it could not be bad or they would ask us not to bring kids right? So after dinner and once everyone was there they sat us all down. My stomach in my throat. Said that they were called ..................on a mission! What!!!????? I looked around the room and each one of my sisters had tear in there eyes trying to hold back. Then Dad says it is an LOCAL, Spanish inner city mission for South Salt Lake! Wow! We don't know all the facts, but at lest they are not leaving us!! That was all five of us girls fear. So mom is finally going to quit her job. Yahh! Sadly won't be spending more time with us just yet. It will be a lot of work but there truly is no better people to be missionaries!!!
2 years ago








8 comments:
Good for them! Happy for you they aren't leaving you... Perfect for all involved!
You have a perfect way to sum it up. What would we do without them? Elder and Sister Hackwell. This is going to be a great blessing for all. I am so proud of my mama and papa!
How exciting! I have to say I was holding my breath reading your post. I'm glad they're not leaving!
They will be incredible missionaries!
Wow!! I'm so happy for them. So if your local do you get to stay at your own home? Or do you have to stay somewhere else? That's cool.
JANA!
You found me! I'm so glad! Now, not only can we chat in the neighborhood and at church, we can chat online!
Dani :-)
That's really awesome Jana. I know it's going to be hard for you girls and also for them. (Believe me, Darrin and I talk about serving a mission together and it's not at the top of our list. We've both been there, done that. It's not easy in the slightest.) But it's close to home, close to the family, and a wonderful opportunity to serve.
OK, Church service mission now, Mission Prez later! Your dad would be a great mission president-he looks like mine.
No one in Moab, but dirt. We are going with friens though, which should be fun. I keep telling myself that I am doing this for J&M... Enjoy the zhuchini.
That is awesome!! How great of your parents to sacrifice. I am sure you will all be blessed by their efforts. Maybe you will finally win the big one in bunco... it's the 25th:)
Post a Comment